What are Heat Pumps?
Heat pumps are a renewable energy technology that allows you to heat your property through the use of energy stored in the air or ground. Heat pumps are an efficient way to heat your property and come in the form of Air Source and Ground Source. Heat pumps are a great way of generating heat for you home but are most suitable for new builds or properties that are undergoing a complete renovation; this is not essential.
How do Heat Pumps work?
Heat pumps work by absorbing energy stored in either the air or in the ground. The ground and air contain energy that is absorbed by the sun and is a great source of energy. Even on a winter day the energy present in our natural surroundings is enough to heat our homes, we just need a way of absorbing that energy and converting it into heat. A heat pump system does exactly that, it converts the energy absorbed by the ground or air into heat for our homes and commercial properties.
How can you benefit from a Heat Pump?
- Cool your home in the summer and heat your home in the winter
- Provide upto 4 times the energy they consume
- Reduce the amount of electricity you use on heating by 30%-40%
- Receive tax free payments from the Renewable Heat Incentive
- Enjoy great savings and reduce your carbon footprint